Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Baby Update and a Small Favor

Oh. My. Goodness. My little yum yum is officially 4 months old. It is amazing how quickly time flies by when you are counting every week, every development and every smile.

Being a mom is by far the most important and fulfilling job I've ever had. Sometimes when she looks at me I swear she sees right through me and into my soul. It's usually when she makes this face.


I call that the "I've seen things" face. She is so stinkin cute!

It's amazing how much she has changed. It is a lot easier to take her places, especially if I time it correctly. The trick is to get her out of the house right after eating. She's nice and full and happy. One of our favorite things to do is to go visit daddy for lunch at Rudy's BBQ.

It's amazing to see how her relationship with her dad is forming. She is starting to figure out that he goes away in the morning, but he comes back in the evening. She has started getting very excited right around the time he gets home. She absolutely loves her dad.



Isn't that bow adorable? Anthony has started getting her dressed in the mornings. I decided it was a great idea to make that his special time with her as soon as I saw the beautiful outfits he was putting her in. The other day he put her in a dress (white with a hot air balloon pattern) and a red skirt (bright red with some white flowers). Once I realized his eye for fashion I knew that my carefully curated outfits were a waste. 

 
Auntie Naomi also came home for the weekend to visit. They always have a great time together. I knew from the moment I got pregnant that Naomi would be the quirky fun aunt. I have a super close relationship with my niece Alice, as does Naomi. It's wonderful to watch them have fun together.

That picture makes me laugh every time. She hasn't quite rolled over yet, but she is right on the cusp! I realized today that I absolutely cannot leave her on the couch in her boppy anymore. She is able to squirm out and it is definitely going to be a problem when she can roll.

Uncle Mason
This little angel pie is Uncle Mason and Auntie Summer's daughter Auggie. AKA Mad's bff. I went over to visit with them today and Augs was in the cutest onesie. Damn right she is Auntie's Little Lady! I swear. This baby is going to be a model. Look at that face!




Ok. So. Now that I have covered family, time to move on to friends. When I first moved home from Seattle a few years ago I met my dear friends Codi and Chris. AKA CocoChrispies  (I am so damn clever).

We bonded over a lot of different things including our love for travel and volunteering. When Codi told me she wanted to move to Prague to teach English I supported her with a heavy heart. I knew that when she left she wouldn't come back. She always told me stories of her time volunteering in India and traveling through Africa. I had the same feeling with her that I had with my best friend Kirsta when she left for Africa. I knew from experience that there are some people who were meant to travel and have adventures far away.


I was hoping when they went to Prague they would realize how awesome Arizona is (or not) and come home. That definitely backfired. Codi and Chris have been in Prague for quite a while and they have decided to go to Cambodia to volunteer. They will be teaching young children and women English, Business and other skills in order to help them succeed. This is a project that is very dear to both of their hearts. They are asking for donations to help them bring school supplies, clothes and other items that are needed. Any little bit helps. If you are interested in donating here is their gofundme link. Donate Here



 Coco puff, I love you dearly and I can't wait to see what kind of adventures you both have in Cambodia.


2 comments:

  1. Awww Steph!!! This made me tear up. Love and miss you sooooooooooo friggen much. I wouldn't be here without the support and loving kicks you gave me to finally pursue this dream. Thanks for being such an incredible friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely beautiful I can't wait to be a mother it has to be the best job in the world!! she's so precious and you look like a great mother God Bless you and your family!!! <3
    my username on Instagram is carmsmakeup
    :)

    ReplyDelete