Friday, August 1, 2014

My Top Favorite Palettes!

Let's talk palettes! I absolutely love palettes. I feel like they are such a great deal because you get smaller amounts of more colors that you can play with. They are also wonderful for travel. I would say that I am a palette-aholic.



So lets start this with my favorite palette for when I am traveling. I absolutely love the Lorac Pro palette. The palette has a decent size mirror and is super compact.



The colors are wonderful because you can essentially do anything. The top row colors are all matte and the bottom row has the shimmery shades. They range from light and neutral to dark and smokey. It makes it great for a work trip, or a vacation.



I am a sucker for creative and gorgeous packaging. The Too Faced Chocolate Bar. I love how it is shaped like a chocolate bar. The package is metal and closes magnetically. I think that the best part of this palette is the smell! All of the powders are made with cocoa so they smell deliciously chocolatey.



Mini palettes are amazing! They can slip right into a clutch or a small makeup bag. My favorite mini palette is the Lorac Pro to Go. This mini palette has a small mirror and 4 colors. Aubergine is this gorgeous dark plum with a little bit of sparkle. It is one of my all time favorite colors.



Here are my top 3 palettes of all time.


In 3rd place I have the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette. The colors are fantastic. They are highly pigmented and they have a really nice range of colors.


In 2nd place is the It Cosmetics Naturally Pretty palette. The shades are all matte but it has a highlighter called Transforming Pearl. That can be used on top of the colors to give them a more shimmery finish.



My absolute favorite palette is one you don't really hear about often. It's the Lorac Unzipped palette. The shades are very pigmented and I like that they are mostly shimmery. When I bought this palette I was debating between this or the Naked 3 palette. I actually liked this one better.



I would love to include the Smashbox Masterclass palette, but I've only had it for a couple weeks. I want to play with it more before I decide if this is a ride or die palette.

So what are your favorite palettes? I am always curious to see what palettes we can't live without. Also, do you prefer to have palettes with lots of colors, or are singles the way to go?


Here are links to all of the palettes mentioned.

 Lorac Pro Palette

Lorac Unzipped Palette

IT Cosmetics Naturally Pretty Palette

Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette

Lorac Pro To Go Palette

10 comments:

  1. I love the Two Faced Chocolate Bar palette! The colors are so beautiful and pigmented ! Love your blog ! My Instagram is @makeupbykenyaa and i will enter your giveaway, thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my you have tons of pallets. I want to own the Naked pallets but my favorite I own is physicians formula eye pallets

    ReplyDelete
  3. My all time favorite makeup pallet would have to be Naked 2 �� I personally like Naked 2 by Urban Decay ! Because I love all the colors how it doesn't smudge the only con for me and probably any other make up arist would be it is very pricey but you get good quality make that last you a long time ! My Instagram is @lovelexus101 I absolutely love the other plates you talked about such as lorac ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the naked 2 palette and the chocolate bar palette!! They're awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My favorite palette right now is my vice 2 :) IG @lovelypandacakes

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the chocolate bar palette I mean it smells like chocolate for goodness sakes! lol IG: @RoyaleByNature <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't tried them yet but your feedback seems so good I might want too!!:D thank youu!!:)
    Instagram::
    carmsmakeup

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my Lorac Pro and Lorac Mint Edition palettes the most. Next would be my Wet and a Wild a Comfort Zone palette. I also like the Physician's Formula nude palette for my more natural looking makeup looks. IG: Taylor_gang1121

    ReplyDelete