Sunday, July 27, 2014

Review: Smashbox Master Class III

I am so excited to be writing this review! It took me a lot longer than I thought I would, but given how many color options there are, I wanted to give a thorough and educated review. The verdict is in, this palette is absolutely amazing.



So this is their 3rd palette in the Master Class series. I was a little bit hesitant to purchase this palette because the Master Class II palette was not my favorite. The colors were sub par and the packaging was terrible. I ended up returning it right after purchasing it. There is a little bit of overlap with the colors. The two palettes share 7 shades; Nectar, Flirt, Vanilla, Ambient, Golden Orchid, Blackout and Serpent. I don't know if they changed their formula, or I just didn't give the last palette a fair shake, but I love these colors.


This palette is great. The official title is Smashbox Master Class III Color -  Contour. There are 32 highly pigmented colors ranging from warm neutrals and cool tones. The way this palette is setup is fairly simple. For basic looks I tend to go down the rows, top to bottom. The top row is the highlight color, the next color I use as the crease color, the lid and the last row I use in the outer V.



I can get a full and comprehensive look out of this palette. At the bottom of the palette are the contour, bronzer, highlight and the blushes. I've definitely played around with these. The colors are nice, I can't really complain about them. For the blushes, I definitely prefer my Milani Luminoso blush. You can find that here Milani Baked Blush.



Let's talk packaging! It is flawless. I am a huge fan. It's clean, sturdy and well thought out. I love that there is a plastic guard over the shadows. It helps keep them clean. Each side also snaps out. There is an elastic band that secures the whole palette shut.



So I played around a little with the neutrals to create a natural look.  I used the first row for my eyes. Naked as the highlight, Drizzle in crease, Topaz on the lid and Royal in the outer V. I didn't use any bronzer, just the blush in Flush. (Ha, that rhymes!)

 I am definitely more comfortable with warmer, more neutral tones. I decided to play around with the cooler shades as well. I didn't go totally crazy. but I switched it up a bit. 

This look used Oyster as the highlight, Zoom in the crease,Ivy on the lid and Serpent in the outer V. I then went on the lower lash line and lined with Ivy and black eye liner. Ivy is such an amazing color, you can blend it out to be nice and subtle, or you can really pack it on for more drama. 

This look used the pink shades. Snow as the highlight, Rose Petal in the crease, Papaya on the lid and Peony in the outer V. I used Rose Petal and Papaya to line it as well as black eyeliner. I love, love, LOVED this look. I never thought I would look good with pink eyeshadow, but I feel like it can be blended to look amazing. I also used their contour to make my face look a little thinner.

So. Let's talk overall impressions. I adore this palette. It is a limited edition, so if you can, I would pick it up ASAP. You can find it at your local Sephora or here Master Class III 

Here is a link to the Master Class II just in case you are interested in trying that out. Master Class II



2 comments:

  1. Omgosh i lovee these colors!!!!:D and with your skin ton!:)
    Instagram name ::
    carmsmakeup

    ReplyDelete