Wednesday, July 9, 2014

10 Minute Makeup

This week has been quite hectic. I think Mads is going through some sort of growth spurt. One minute she is happy and laughing, and the next she is a screaming banshee. Over the last few weeks I've tried to get her more comfortable with being put down in her swing. So far she is taking to that pretty well. Now we are working on putting her down for a nap without waking her up. She can't seem to sleep anywhere but in our arms during the day. If anyone has any tips, please share!


This being said, I very rarely have time to spend 30 minutes on my makeup. Normally I can get about 10 before I have to pick her up, clean up spit up or put her binky back in her mouth. I love a good challenge, but shortening my makeup routine was so difficult. I love to contour, sculpt and highlight to make my face look less round. This isn't really possible in 10 minutes. I have managed to pick the products that do the most work, with the least amount of effort.


So the first thing I use is a good moisturizer. I use the Mario Badescu Oil Free Moisturizer with SPF 30. 



Next I apply a primer. I tried to cut this step out because I use the Pur Minerals Correcting Primer and you have to wait for it to really dry. Skipping that step was a terrible idea. Primer is essential for keeping your makeup in place and long lasting. There are a lot of good primers out there but this seems to be the only one that doesn't break me out.



After primer I put on the IT cosmetics CC cream with spf 50. That high of an SPF is usually overkill, but I'm super fair so I will take anything I can get.  This works as a full coverage foundation for me.




Once I've put on the foundation I use the Makeup Forever HD powder to set it and make it matte.


The final step for my face is to add a tiny bit of color, so I will usually go with bronzer to make it look like I go out in the sun every once in a while. I use the Milani Baked Bronzer very sparingly. I love this stuff. It doesn't look muddy at all.


So right around now is when the baby starts to fuss. I don't like to wear eye shadow if I'm in a hurry because it can move around if you don't use a primer. Ain't nobody got time for that (sorry, I had to). So. My goal is to make my eyes look big and awake. Insert black liquid eyeliner. I usually give it a little bit of a wing because I'm fancy. My favorite eyeliner is the NYC liquid eyeliner.

My final step is mascara. I used to curl my lashes to make them look longer, and then I discovered the new L'oreal Miss Manga mascara. It is a great dupe for the better than sex mascara for less than half the price.


If you are lucky enough to have time, throw on some lip gloss or lipstick. I always carry some gloss or lip balm in my purse. My favorite so far has been the Nivea A Kiss of Care and Color in Sheer Crimson.

This used to take me 10 minutes, but after a couple of months I can now get it down to about 5-7. If I happen to have extra time I will throw on some eye shadow. Since having my baby I am learning to embrace myself more and more, and I tend to go with more natural makeup day to day. I find that this look makes me feel pretty without requiring a ton of maintenance.


So. Here is a question for all of you busy ladies, what are your favorite products that you use on those busy days?

1 comment:

  1. I really like that lippy on you, going to look for it in the stores.

    ReplyDelete