Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Review: Maybelline New York Dream Wonder Foundation

During my latest drugstore haul I picked up the newest Maybelline foundation, Dream Wonder. I've been playing with it for the last week or so and I think I can give a pretty solid review on this product.



So. Let's start with overall performance. I really, really like this product. It's super matte and it feels nice and light on the skin. The coverage is great. It's light to medium coverage that you can build up so you have a more full coverage look.






The consistency of the foundation is very, very thin. It is comparable to the Bare Minerals Bareskin foundation that came out recently. I actually like this much, much better because it has a matte finish. Also.. being less than half the price certainly helps. 



I do have one complaint. The applicator is stupid. I absolutely hate it. It has an interesting shape to it, but it is a hard plastic. The formula is super thin, so it doesn't stick to the applicator. It drips off of the applicator and on to my hands or my desk. This was not a well thought out design. This is perhaps my biggest pet peeve with makeup, frivolous designs that get in the way of application. 



So. My overall impressions about this foundation are good. I love it, the price point is phenomenal and the coverage is really solid.  I do recommend a primer underneath it in order to make it last longer and some setting powder if you get oily. This is definitely on its way to becoming one of my favorite drugstore foundations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment