Saturday, July 12, 2014

Review: Covergirl Ready Set Gorgeous!!

Hello everyone! This weekend was so much fun! Friday was my birthday, so I decided to treat myself to some new products at the drugstore. I cannot describe how much I love going to the drugstore and perusing the isles for new products. Getting it for a great price is the icing on my birthday cake. I bought these a week ago and I've been using it every day so I can get a feel for the longevity and overall quality of the products.




I will be honest, I wasn't super excited about trying these. The reviews have been mixed and overall Covergirl isn't the brand I run to for foundation typically. The Ready Set Gorgeous line has a concealer, a foundation and a powder. 



For all makeup I tend to run in the lightest shades they have and this is no exception. My concealer shade is fair. This is a light concealer and it doesn't have a lot of coverage. I tried to use this to cover up my blemishes but ended up using it more as a highlight. I have definitely used better products that work a lot harder for me. 



The Fresh Complexion claims "One simple step for a flawless, natural look that lasts all day. The formula blends easily to even skin tone and reduce shine all day". This formula is definitely more light to medium coverage. Between this and the concealer it gets the job done, but I don't think it gave me the flawless complexion I was promised.



The final product is the powder foundation. This gave the most coverage out of all of the products. It does tend to run darker than both the concealer and the liquid foundation. The powder was super mattifying which I loved. 


I really didn't anticipate that I would like these products and when I tried them separately I wasn't super impressed. I did really enjoy the product once I put all of them together. The end product was very high coverage and I loved how matte it was. I wore it all day and it moved a little bit in my t-zone but otherwise stayed put. I put on my highlight and my blush over it and the results were nice. I enjoyed these products when I used all three, but I don't usually have time to put in that much effort. Also, I wasn't super impressed with the packaging. I would probably rate this product a B- just because I didn't find any of the products were full coverage on their own with the exception of the powder. 


Covergirl Makeup

No comments:

Post a Comment