Thursday, July 3, 2014

Drugstore and Ulta Haul!

So today was a pretty exciting day for me. I decided that for my birthday I wanted some makeup. I know, very out of character. I will keep this short and just go down the list of products that I purchased. I want to post this as quickly as possible so that way anyone who wants to take advantage of these sales has Friday and Saturday to do so.

"On a Shopping Mission" Face
At Walgreens I purchased 4 Wet n Wild eye shadow sets. Wet n Wild was 25% off and I had coupons for $1 off of each. This brought the total down to $1.24 after my coupons.


I also purchased two eye liners from Rimmel. I bought brown and purple from the Scandaleyes line. I'm working on a drugstore favorites post and these will definitely be in there! They were buy one get one 50%. That isn't the best sale, but I had coupons for $1.00 off of each one. That brought the price down from $4.49 to $2.40 each.


I bought another Revlon Colorstay Moisture Stain. I am totally obsessed with these. They had a coupon in the Walgreens coupon booklet for $1.00 and I had a coupon for $2.00. The regular price was 8.99 and I paid 5.99.



Let's talk Nail Polish. I absolutely love the Revlon Nail Art polishes. I already have about 12 so I was really excited to add these to the collection. Normally I wait until I can find these on clearance at Ulta every once in a while. They very rarely go on sale. The regular price is $8.99 for each one. Walgreens had them on sale for $4.99 each and I combined that with a $2.00 off coupon making each one $2.99. All things considered I think that is a steal.




My final purchase were these four Sally Hanson colors that were on sale for 2 for $4. Not a great sale, but the colors are so cute! I have a nail polish addiction



Alright.. Let's talk Ulta! For the most part I try to avoid Ulta unless they are having a great sale. I prefer to buy drugstore brands from a drugstore because they typically have better sales. This week is not the case! All L'oreal, Physicians Formula and NYX products are 40% off! That is huge!

Some of my favorite pigments are the L'oreal Infallible pigments. They are wonderful. They are also $8.99 a pop. With the 40% off they came to $5.39. I had coupons for $1.00 off of each one which brings them down to $4.39. I love these and they are typically exempt from sale prices so this was a nice change of pace.



This NYX set was on clearance. It's the set created for the show Revenge. I hate the packaging. It's so tacky. I do, however, love the colors that are provided. The original price for this was $24.00 and I got the last one on clearance for $6.29.



The final thing I bought were these lashes from the Katy Perry Party Lashes line. These were also on clearance. That isn't all that shocking considering how over the top they are. I bought them for Halloween. It's never to early to get ready! Original price was $7.99 and I paid $1.27. Always check clearance items at the checkout to see if they are cheaper than labeled.



I keep telling everyone to use coupons when purchasing makeup, but other than the Sunday paper I haven't really gone into detail about how to get them. Here are a few resources for where to find coupons for everything, not just makeup.


Coupon Mom - This is my favorite coiuponing website. You do have to sign up and download their coupon printer, but it's totally worth it. This site also provides a lot of information on how to coupon and where to find sales.


Red Plum - I only use this site for the coupons. They don't have as large of a selection as Coupon Mom, but they tend to have higher value coupons.

P & G Everyday -  Similar to Red Plum. Mostly coupons, a lot of high value ones.

1 comment:

  1. I think I need some of that Revlon stain. Also those Katy Perry lashes... no idea where I'd where them, maybe to the market?

    ReplyDelete