Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Review: Milani Bella Eyes

I am so very, very excited about this. Milani is one of my absolute favorite drugstore brands. I love their baked blushes and bronzers. I could talk about this brand forever. Milani just released their new eyeshadow collection. I went to CVS the day they received their shipment because I was so excited. There are 30 gorgeous colors in their collection.



The formula is phenomenal.  They call it a gel powder. I have never heard of a gel powder before, but if this is what I can expect, consider me sold! The texture isn't a gel at all, it starts a gel and gets turned into a highly pigmented powder. They have three different finishes for the eyeshadows. They have a satin matte, shimmer, and metallic sheen.



I have a couple from all three categories. In total I purchased 8 colors. I find that I was drawn to each and every shade. I stood there for 15 minutes debating on whether or not I should just purchase them all. Thankfully my hubby was there to reign me in (temporarily).



Here are the satin matte shades.


They are absolutely gorgeous. The texture is so buttery and nice, I couldn't even believe these shadows were around $4.50. The satin matte finish is lovely, it has no shimmer but it still has a lot of dimension. They are incredibly pigmented, but that is the case with all of the shadows. I used these a lot to create more natural looks.

Bella Ivory, Bella Cappuccino, Bella Espresso


These are the shimmery shades. Initially I was drawn to these shades because I love me some shimmer! The description is very accurate, shimmery is an understatement. A little bit goes a long way. I love how gorgeous and feminine these colors are.



Normally these are shades that would intimidate me, but I found them to be really gorgeous. They are very shimmery and when I used them I did so sparingly.

Bella Charcoal, Bella Violet, Bella Rose

Here are the metallic sheen colors. Holy cow these are so, so bright. I keep saying how pigmented these shadows are, and it's true. They are so wonderfully bright. These ones are great for creating a more dramatic look.


These ones swatched the brightest. They are highly pigmented. I found that I reached a lot for the bronze shade and less for the red.

Bella Rouge, Bella Bronze


My overall impression of these shadows is great. I absolutely love the colors. The textures are wonderfully buttery and the application is flawless. There is little to no fallout, even with the shimmery shades. The price point on these is really astounding. One of their claims is one stroke application and that is definitely true.



Milani also came out with new nail polishes. I am doing my best to stop buying nail polishes because I have so many. So... it will probably be a week until I break down and buy them. I will also be purchasing the rest of these shadows. I really, really enjoy them

No comments:

Post a Comment