Sunday, July 20, 2014

Review: Covergirl XL Nail Gel

I know I have a problem. My name is Stephanie, and I'm a nail polish junkie. Whew. Ok, I feel much better now!

So, I went to Walgreens recently and bought a ridiculous amount of nail polishes, as well as other items. I am currently writing that haul blog right now. It should be out by Wednesday. So, I found these beauties at the drugstore. I was watching a haul video from some beauty vloggers that I love. They said they had tried these polishes and they were like gel. Now, I was a little wary because they are Covergirl spokeswomen. I am naturally a little hesitant when I try products that are recommended by a representative of that specific brand. Anyways, here are the colors.


The pink is Whole Lotta Guave and the yellow is Haughty Lemon.


So I tried both colors, but the pink was the only one that applied well. I was kind of impartial about the formula and application. The color didn't last a long time and it wasn't super shiny. Overall, I will probably be returning these to the drugstore or putting them in a giveaway. Here is the pink.



Now, it appears that having polish that is just as shiny and long lasting as gel nails is all the rage. I feel like the first brand to do it was probably Revlon. I picked these up about a month ago. You don't use a base coat and you use their Colorstay Gel Envy Diamond Top Coat. Overall, I wasn't super impressed. It wasn't long wearing and the top coat takes a very, very long time to dry. 





When I went to the drugstore last week I saw that Sally Hansen came out with Miracle Gel. This says it lasts up to 14 days. The directions for these are to use two coats of the color, one coat of the miracle top coat and let natural light do the rest. I haven't tried these, they are brand new, but I will be writing a review when I have tried them. They are a little more on the pricey side. At CVS they were 9.99 for each color or 15.99 for this set. 





I would love to find a good alternative to gel nails. I hate having to go to the salon for an hour because it means I have to pack up the baby and find someone to watch her. It's also really annoying having to try and take them off myself. The cost of gel nails is also quite ridiculous. I'm really hoping that the Sally Hansen ones work. I have liked most of what I used from Sally Hansen, so hopefully this lives up to my expectations. 

No comments:

Post a Comment