Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Fun Manicures!

I am sure that all of you are aware of my nail polish obsession. I absolutely love bright colors, tons of glitter and fun designs. Here are the things I have been totally addicted to recently.

Sally Hansen nail stickers are the shit. The first time I tried them I loved the design, but hated putting them on.


That fish design was adorable. The application was super tricky. I also didn't realize they came with a couple different size options which was awesome. The second time went much better. 



I love the pretty water color design. This time the application went much better. Removing these stickers is a whole different mess. I absolutely hated taking these off. They get really gummy and gooey. The stickers themselves lasted over a week, so it is well worth it. 

So. Anyone who doesn't know what Hautelook.com is needs to get on that. They will have some really great beauty sales.I got this beautiful Ciate nail caviar sampler. 



I decided to try out the red. Oh. My. Gosh. The color is gorgeous, the Caviar adds such beautiful dimension and the application was so easy! You do one full coat, let it dry. Do the second coat one nail at a time, pouring the beads over the wet polish. Let it dry for 20 mins and you get this.

These are so gorgeous. If I didn't have a baby, I would've loved these. Unfortunately the beads shed everywhere. As soon as it dries you have little beads going everywhere. I ended up taking these off almost immediately because I was worried it would wind up in Mads eyes or nose or something. You worry about the weirdest things when you have a baby.

So I have heard a ton about Deborah Lippmann nail polishes. On a shopping trip with my Aunt Jen and my cousin Addison, I decided I wanted to try out these famous polishes. I was really itching to try the glitter ones specifically. I purchased Cosmic Love. It is perfect. Utterly perfect.


That picture doesn't do it justice. Trust me. If you are going to splurge on a polish, this is the one to do it on. 

I also decided to try my hand at doing the fading glitter thing. Practice makes perfect and I will definitely be practicing more. I think the problem might have been that I used bigger chunks of glitter instead of smaller ones.


Does anyone have some great tutorials for easy nail designs? I definitely want to start getting more creative with my nails. Also, here are links to the products I used. 





Sally Hansen Salon Effects - I used Spot On, unfortunately the fish one was limited edition. 


1 comment:

  1. I love thisss!!:) you should do a tutorial!!:D and my username on instragm is carmsmakeup

    ReplyDelete