Saturday, August 9, 2014

e.l.f. Cosmetics Snow White Review and Tutorial!

Let's start this off by saying I am a total sucker for marketing. I have been waiting for my Walgreens to get the new Little Mermaid and Snow White e.l.f. makeup stuffs. After weeks of waiting.. They have arrived!!! I will be doing a haul about my Walgreens trip so this blog is only going to focus on the two products that I used, as well as the steps I take to apply my makeup. 


I went into this palette knowing that these aren't necessarily the best quality, but I really wanted to try them for myself. I decided that I would go full out and do my hair as well. If you're going to do Snow White, you need to really commit! 


This is what my hair and face looked like before I started. Notice the distinct lack of curls. 

So I over curled my hair. I used a hair straightener to get these curls. I either need to get a bigger straightener, or a curling wand. I know I have a ton of hair, but this took way too long! I really like the curls, but that was a bit much for me, so I toned it down by brushing out the curls and using a light hairspray. 

Muuuch better! I loved the more subtle waves, but there were still some curls underneath. After doing my hair I put it back with a hair band to get it out of my face. 

Alright, so here you can see that my eyelids and under eyes are dark (thanks baby Madeline) and my cheeks are super red. To fix my skin tone I used the Covergirl 3 in 1 in Ivory. I then put on some MAC Pro Longwear Concealer to even out the areas that were more uneven. I then set it all with Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder. 



After this I started in on the Snow White Beauty Book. 

I used their blush in Keep Singing. The blush had a lot of sparkle to it, typically I prefer a more matte color because the glitter flecks were way too big. I also did my eyebrows to make them a little darker. I used the Tarte Amazonian Clay Waterproof Brow Mousse in medium brown. This is my go to for my brow needs! Use a light hand ladies, I have given myself some crazy lady eyes with this stuff. 



After this I used the e.l.f. eye shadows. I used I'm Wishing on my brow as a highlight. I then used Diamond Mind and Heigh-Ho on the lid. They are sparkly colors, Diamond Mine is a nice golden color. Heigh-Ho is a pinkish-copper color. I then used the plum color One Song in the outer V. These colors are not very pigmented. You can build them up, but they don't really hold their color. I then used the Pur Minerals liquid eyeliner. 




On to the more exciting part, the lip set!!


There is a lip gloss, a lip stain and a balm. I tried all three and I actually really love the lip stain. The gloss is on the left, the stain is in the middle and the balm is on the right. 



Overall, I love the look once it's put together. There is something so classic about the Snow White look. She is my favorite princess, I love how simple and sweet her whole look is. The pop of red is stunning, and I feel like it makes my teeth look so white!

Anthony was a pretty big fan of the look as well. I have to say, we are a pretty adorable couple! 
I can say that the eye color lasted through date night all the way to froyo. I also like the way that it faded on my lips. 
My hair also lasted through out the night. It managed to keep it's subtle curls all night long. I wish that it didn't take so long to do it because I would do this all the time!

4 comments:

  1. You look so pretty as Snow White! But then, you always look pretty . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I looveee iittt:D :D your skin looks amazing!! <3
    Instagram ::
    carmsmakeup

    ReplyDelete
  3. IG: Taylor_gang1121 I'm a complete sucker for packaging too. My Walgreens doesn't have any of the new Elf products which is disappointing but I'm not surprised. I do believe Frankfort, Ky is he last to get anything. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make a stunning Snow White <3
    My Walgreens doesn't carry Elf's Disney Princess line either so I can't go get the Ariel one myself D:
    IG: redlipsrebel

    ReplyDelete