Saturday, August 16, 2014

Lip Chubbys!!! Chubby Chubby Chub Chubs.

So what I realized, while cleaning up my makeup area, is that I have a ton of chubby lippys. I absolutely love them. As a mom, lipstick is typically something I pass on. I will do my whole face and then throw on some balm because it is lower maintenance than a lipstick.


With all of these amazing colors and textures I don't typically miss the lipstick/gloss. I still like to wear those on a special occasion, but for every day wear these are much better.


Here are the Neutrogena MoistureSmooth color sticks. I have these in four shades. From darkest to lightest (top to bottom in the picture) the shades are Rich Raisin, Bright Berry, Sweet Watermelon and Juicy Peach.


I wasn't super impressed with these. I was hoping they would be super moisturizing on my lips but I found the texture to be almost grainy. The lighter colors also stick to any dryness or cracks that are in your lips. The only shade that I really liked was the plum Rich Raisin. It wasn't as opaque as I would want, but for every day wear it is still nice.



The new L'oreal Glossy Balm lip chubbies are a whole lotta color. The texture is kind of greasy, but they are very pigmented. I absolutely love the colors. The plum is Petite Plum and that pretty Coral color is Innocent Coral.


I really enjoy these. They aren't very long lasting, but honestly I give so many baby kisses nothing really lasts on my lips.


This is the Revlon ColorBurst. This is my go to lippy around the holidays. It's super pigmented and it smells like peppermint. Delicious!

It's a little drying on the lips, but nothing too terrible.



Ok.. So these were a totally random purchase. I've never been a big Burt's Bees person. One time I tried on their chapstick and I was smelling honey for hours. It was gross. These however, are my absolutely favorite lippies.



These are both so amazing. I love that they aren't shiny at all. There is no glitter or wetness to them. These swatches aren't the best, the dark one is more of a berry/wine color. They make your smile look bright and your skin look flawless. The darker color is Napa Vineyard and the lighter one is Niagra Overlook.These make me want to try more Burt's Bees products. Does anyone have any feedback about their other stuffs?

Edit: Here is a picture of me in Napa Vineyard, which is the darker color.



So, the last one I want to talk about isn't a drugstore brand. It's by Lord & Berry and I. AM. OBSESSED.


I got this is an Ipsy bag or a Birch Box, I can't remember which, and I adore it. This is a gorgeous Scarlett red. It is perfection. I am always in search of that perfect red lip, and this was it.

So. I am in the process of finishing up my Pixi haul  and my Makeup Geek haul. I might have also gone to Ulta today and got some new goodies... To those who say I have a problem, I will make this face.



That's right. My "pshhhhh, you guys are craaaazzzzyyyyy" face. She gets that from me. 


3 comments:

  1. Is that mushed banana on her face?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How do you get such clean lines with the chubbies? Do you use lip liner?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Naomi, I would recommend a lip liner with the darker colors since they are more likely to bleed, I also find that it helps them fade better.

    ReplyDelete