Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Baby Update: 19 Weeks


It has been such a crazy week for me already! I can't believe I haven't been able to post in so long. Finding the will to do my makeup has been challenging. I feel like parenthood has phases for me, sometimes I feel like getting dressed up, sometimes I want to wear sweats. I did manage to get dressed up for date night with the hubs though.


Just in case anyone is wondering, the lippy I'm wearing is the new L'oreal Glossy Balm in Petite Plum. I am seriously loving the new chubby lip pencils trend that's been going around the last few months.




So my little YumYum turned 19 weeks on Sunday. She is seriously the cutest little thing. This has been such an exciting week for us!



This week she officially rolled. She first rolled on to her stomach. She didn't like that very much, so she promptly rolled right on to her back again.



She has since decided that rolling around is super fun. If this is any indication, she is going to be unstoppable when she decides to crawl.



There are definitely a lot more challenges now than when I first had her. When she is awake, she definitely demands your attention. She requires more interaction and stimulation. When I first had her, she was kind of a blob. I really like this phase. She is more of a handful but she is so much fun.


She is showing an interest in toys for the first time. She will reach for her favorites and play with them. When we put her in her little chair/ play area, she will actually play with the toys.

Play dates are also the best. Madeline's bestie is about a month younger than her. It is so cool to see them together. They don't interact with each other yet, but Madeline acknowledges that there is another baby there. 



It's great to see her start to develop relationships with people other than Anthony and I. Madeline seriously loves her Aunti and Uncle (or unks as I've taken to calling him, because I can......)


Helping Uncle Mase in the kitchen



Her bow matches Auntie Summers shirt

I absolutely love play dates. You can put the babies on the play mat and talk with real, live adults. It's magical. I never realized how much I would miss adult interaction. It is pretty sweet to make a baby sandwich though.


Terrible picture of me, but the babies were wearing matching bows and Auggie was looking right at me. I love when babies look you. They are so expressive and they make the silliest faces. Sometimes Madeline just looks at me and laughs. Probably because I am hilarious.


We also went to lunch with this guy. 


We had a pretty good time. If you live in AZ, and maybe NM, you should check out Rudy's. They have the most amazing BBQ. Their banana pudding is also TO DIE FOR. So much yum. 

So this week I decided to get rid of Madeline's clothes that are too small for her. I donated some and put the rest into a bin for the next baby. It was quite possibly one of the saddest moments so far. I know that she has gotten bigger, but until you hold up her tiny new born onesie against her new 6 mo onesie.. you forget. I love that she is getting bigger, but it is starting to fly by. 


The baby is rockin' and rollin'. I did also just notice that I titled this "Baby Update" and the first thing you see is a big ole pick of ME. Whoopsies! This should make up for it. 


BOOM. The baby/bunny hybrid is back. These are my favorite PJ's for her. I need to find more baby clothing with ears. So there you have it, my weekly update. My next post will be a review and swatches of my much anticipated Makeup Geek package that I received. 


Little Miss missy pants needs to share! Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment