Thursday, August 7, 2014

Mini Nordstrom Haul

So this is my first of a few different hauls! There were some really amazing deals at the drugstore so I went a little crazy! I also will be having a hautelook haul with all of my new Pixi goodies. My (probably....) final haul will be my Makeup Geek eyeshadows featuring my first Z Palette! This is all so exciting. This post is only going to touch on my Nordstrom trip.




So my wonderful and incredibly fun Aunt Jennifer came to visit with my cousin Addison. Shopping with them has been one of my favorite things forever. I remember we would go to the mall and at the end of the trip we would sit in her car and go through our goodies. It was so much fun and I love having my aunt there because she will hilariously try to reel me in. My cousin is usually on my side (hence the Debborah Lippman polishes). Now, I was so busy having fun that I forgot to take a good picture of everyone. I had to steal this one off of their facebook. I swear I really am related to them and I did not steal a random picture of random people off of the internet!!!



So lets start with Clinique! I was watching Amanda Ensing (Youtube page ) and she was talking about how she cleans her brushes before every use. Prior to buying this product I was using the Beauty Blender Cleansing Solid which you can find here. I really love it for a good, deep clean. Using it on a daily basis, however, isn't possible. It takes forever for my brushes to dry, so I wasn't cleaning them nearly as often as I should have. This product has totally revolutionized my brush cleaning system (just as serious as it sounds haha). This is the Clinique Makeup Brush Cleanser. I spray this on my brushes before I use them and I kind of do a fancy wave in the air to dry them.

Please ignore the glitter on my fingers. It's from taking off the Debborah Lippman Cosmic Love polish, which I will talk more about in a bit. This stuff is awesome. I feel a lot better knowing that my brushes are clean before every use. I still feel like a deep cleaning once a week is necessary. This product was about $16.00 which is the same as what I paid for the Beauty Blender blendercleanser solid. I think that if I had to pick between the two I would pick the Clinique Makeup Brush Cleanser.

After swinging by the Clinique counter I stopped by MAC. I absolutely love MAC but sometimes I have a hard time justifying spending that much on single eye shadows. Thankfully I had my wonderful cousin who was helping me get super excited about my purchases! So I bought one loose pigment and two pressed pigments. I also bought a travel side of MAC's FIX+


I am going to be talking quite a bit about this product. I use a spritz of the FIX + spray on my brush when I need to intensify a color. It works especially well with loose and pressed pigments. I find that I also like using it as a setting spray once I have applied all of my makeup. 




I absolutely love this color. This is Tan. When I was talking to the MAC consultant I told her I wanted colors for the fall, specifically colors I can use for my Christmas time honeymoon. Tan just didn't seem like an exciting color. Then I swatched it. It is so stunning. Everyone knows I love my sparkle, and this is pure sparkle. It was only intensified when I used the MAC Fix+.


The color on the left is where I used Fix+ to apply it wet. I am so excited to use this color. I really want to see how it looks all over the lid with some really intense black eyeliner. 


So this is MAC's pressed pigment in Deeply Dashing. Don't mind the frame, I'm trying new things! I am not necessarily the best photographer, but practice makes perfect!

I love this color. I feel like this will be my transition shade when I use the loose pigment in Tan. The left is with Fix+ and the right is plain application. The color is super rich and has a ton of sparkle. I am a sucker for these wonderful brownish, redish, tannish colors.


I almost didn't buy this color. This is the pressed pigment in Smoky


Normally I tend to stick with my warmer tones and I don't really go near the cooler colors. I decided I wanted to try some cooler looks, especially with summer in my rear view mirror. I really love this color, particularly when it is applied with the Fix+. I'm really excited to start dabbling with cooler tones.


This is the pressed pigment in Jet Couture. This color takes my breath away.


I know I'm going to sound crazy but I feel like I've been looking my whole life (maybe an exaggeration) for the perfect sparkly gray for a New Years Eve smoky eye. I feel like I have totally found it. This color is so highly pigmented and I feel like without the Fix+ it can be built up to have this gorgeous, smokey, effervescent gray that I just love. Jet Couture, where are you been all my life?


I feel like that with my Debborah Lippman Cosmic Love polish as well. This stuff is INSANE. I feel like my nails went on a fun little acid trip when I painted them.



When direct light isn't hitting your nails, they look pretty enough. As soon as light hits your nails, KAPOW. That's the only way to describe it.


I am totally obsessed with this nail polish. The more glitter the better. The only down fall is it took me 3 coats to get it this glittery, and that makes it so hard to take off. I spent about 45 minutes with my nails in little foil envelopes.

I also got this color Prelude to A Kiss . This color is so delicate and feminine, I really like it. After having my nails painted all kinds of crazy colors over the last month, it was nice to have such a soft color. Sometimes you just need a nice, pretty pink to cleanse the palette.

So here were my goodies from Nordstrom. My next haul will be published in a couple of days. I'm particularly excited because I went to the drugstore and I found the Ariel and Snow White makeup that Elf Cosmetics just came out with. I am a total sucker for marketing... I will be doing a haul as well as a quick review of those products. That is all for now, so I will leave you with an adorable baby picture.


Yes, It's true, you are looking at the most adorable baby/bunny hybrid in existence. THAT FACE *melt*

2 comments:

  1. These are all absolutely like the perfect shadessss!:D mac is awesome!!
    Instagram::
    carmsmakeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nudes. Especially the one by (Deborah Lippmann). Its such an amazing color and looks great on your skin tone. I've also been looking for a new makeup brush cleaner and I will have to try out your recommendation. Thank you! (:
    Instagram: _strangeadventures

    ReplyDelete