Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Haul: Makeup Geek Eyeshadows

I have been reading about Makeup Geek eyeshadows for months. I have been itching to test them out and compare them to my MAC shadows. I decided, what the hell? Why not take them for a spin! So. I went ahead and I picked up some shadows and a few pigments. I also picked up a Z Palette (lovelovelove).



I had to fight to get missy pants to share! So in total I have 9 eyeshadows and 3 loose pigments.




 So I decided I want to try not only the neutral colors as well as a couple of more daring colors. I wanted to see if the bolder colors were easy to blend and pigmented. 

 The first line from left to right is Beaches & Cream, Creme Brulee and Cinderella. These are very light and neutral shades. They are so buttery and rich. I am in love. 



The middle line is Hipster, Moondust and Pretentious. These are all a little grayish and very shimmery. They are very pretty and so far I love them when I am doing a smokey eye. 

The bottom line, OOOOEEEYYY, so bright. So from left to right we have Mango Tango, Razzleberry and Burlesque. Burlesque is the color I am most comfortable with. It is a really nice dark purple/plum color. Mango Tango is an orange/coral color. Razzleberry is the color I am most excited to test out. It is a crazy bright pink with gold flecks in it. Here is a close up of the more daring colors. 


I also picked up 3 loose pigments. I love pigments. I usually use a flat shadow brush with some MAC Fix+ to get the colors super pigmented, but these are already crazy pigmented. 


I really like these colors so far. I realized that I picked mostly colors on the more copper side. I feel like it brings out my eyes. Here are two of the colors. 

These were the textures right after opening them. The one on the right went everywhere. Seriously, I have it all over my beautiful white desk! It was bound to be something, makeup or baby related, that messed it up. I'm sure it will be both soon enough!

I'm not going to go super in depth about all of the colors until I do my review. I need some time to play around with them and get some looks going. I did test out one of the pigments on my date night. I used Blitz and this was the result. 


I look a little crazy, and a little drunk. I swear I wasn't! This was after roughly half of Anthony's Red's Apple Ale. I'm a bit of a light weight, that's what happens after you have a baby.


Alright.. slightly less crazy looking. I'm getting there. My photography skills are getting a little better, but I still need a little work. Tips are always welcomed!!! 

Don't forget! You can follow me on Instagram and Twitter @puttheglossdown.

1 comment: