Friday, December 5, 2014

I'm Back!!

Hello Everyone,

So. I'm sure that you have noticed that I have taken a break from writing in my blog. I honestly needed to take the time to reevaluate my priorities and really think about how much of myself I wanted to put out there. This blog is about my life. My love for makeup and beauty products really is a small, small fraction of that. I love my family, my friends and my life. I don't want to limit this blog to just beauty, fashion and makeup. I will continue to post about my family, including my husband and daughter.  I will never, ever post anything inappropriate of or about them. There will be no bath pictures or pictures of her undressed. I will never share private and personal stories of her or anyone else. I love my daughter. I love my husband. I will always do my best to do right by them. Anyways.. let's move on to a fun little update!!



So my little yumyum is a crawler! That's right folks. My fun and precocious baby is showing signs of heading into her toddler stage. She started to crawl a couple of months ago and it took me completely by surprise. What's worse than that.. She's now pulling herself up on things and taking a couple of cautious steps whilst holding on for dear life. This folks, is the beginning of the end. I would officially like to say farewell to my sanity. Our time together was brief, but I shall remember you always.




Another super fun (semi sarcasm) development are her sharp little chompers. Little mama now has two razor sharp teeth. Nursing has taken a dangerous and painful new twist. God forbid something distracts her while she is eating. OUCH. I consider it a small, fleeting blessing that they are both on the bottom. She has two coming in on the top, but hopefully they won't arrive for a week or so.

We have been making more of an effort to go out and do fun things with the baby. A few months ago I was so overwhelmed that I would avoid taking her places so we didn't have to deal with crying and fussing outside the comfort of our own home. She has grown so much and she now interacts with people and things around her. I find that I can take her places with me and I actually really enjoy it. It's all about timing people! Our favorite spot so far has been the aquarium. First of all, I am totally biased. I remember going to the Seattle aquarium and thinking it was the coolest thing ever. This one was a lot smaller, but it was just as fun!


I loved being able to see the fish swim around me. It was this big room with a huge school of fish swimming in a circle. It was really amazing. Anthony decided to stick his head in with Madeline. I think she was more baffled than anything.



 I felt like such a jackass after taking this picture. Right next to the octopus is a "No Flash Photography" sign that I hadn't seen. Whoops. Sorry Mr. Octopus, next time I won't be obnoxiously taking pictures with the flash. My bad.


This room was pretty cool. Notice how I am not in the picture? Well. The floor is see through. I had the hardest time walking across it. I am totally uncomfortable walking across clear surfaces. My neuroses  have no limits...



It feels so good to be doing this again. I would also like to reintroduce myself. My name is Stephanie. Some friends call me Stevie. Some call me Steph. I am a mother, wife and overall BADASS. I love makeup, trashy tv and a good hockey brawl. Until next time. 




1 comment:

  1. Look at that little face, just look at it!!! Also you are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete