Thursday, May 29, 2014

First Time with Falsies!

Hello all! Today I decided it was a perfect time to attempt fake lashes. I would make a crack about not trying this at home kids... but you should try it at home. They are wonderful! I have been really wanting to wear fake lashes, but they seemed way too high maintenance for me. Ultimately I decided to embrace my high maintenance ways and OH.MY.GOD. I have been missing out. I love them. Sweet sweet false lashes.



*** Sorry about the watery, red eyes. I do not have the best aim and the glue is very sticky.

This was the final look. I was pretty sure the lashes would look much longer than they did so I did a thick liquid eyeliner. I quickly realized they weren't quite long or full enough to compete with the heavy eye liner. I guess the lady at Ulta was right, they are pretty subtle. Next time I'm going for full on crazy lashes.


These are the lashes I purchased. 


I used the Kiss lashes today. I will try the Ardell lashes in a couple of days. I will also probably go and purchase the biggest, baddest lashes I can find. Makeup is all about having fun and not being afraid to try new things.

Speaking of fun, I was having a hard time figuring out how to best capture the lashes in their full glory. Obviously the first thing that came to mind was trying to open my eyes as wide as possible. The creepy smile was a lovely coincidence. We all know what huge eyes and a weird smile equal.


Yep. That's right folks. Crazy eyes.


Madeline gets it...



Tomorrow I get my new shipment of cloth diapers in. I'm very excited to take pictures and put them on the blog. I am also in the process of testing out a TON of new nail polishes. I have enlisted the help of my friends, so I should be able to get that up soon as well!!! Have a great weekend everyone.


No comments:

Post a Comment