Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Drugstore Haul!!!

Happy Memorial Day everyone! At least.. It's memorial day when I am writing this. Who knows how long it will take me to get this done with a two month old!


V is for Victorious drugstore haul!

So. Today I went to Walgreens, CVS and then back to Walgreens. I did a massive haul because there were some pretty decent sales, and I had some wonderful coupons. Overall I saved over 50% on my purchases through savvy couponing and having an eye for discounts! If you don't pick up the Sunday paper, you should! It is worth it's weight in gold. I purchase multiple papers so that way I get to use several coupons to purchase multiple of the same item.


My biggest purchase during this shopping spree was nail polish. The seasonal sales for nail polish are amazing. I was also able to save big on sunscreen. I'm going to go ahead and do a break down of my biggest savings. Unfortunately it would take too long to go over every deal. Very soon I will have  a post dedicated to couponing.


Here is the grand total picture of what I purchased:



I used a mixture of coupons and sale prices. Walgreens also has a little coupon book that comes out every month with extra coupons. That is especially wonderful because they allow you to use the manufacturers coupon from the paper WITH their coupon. CVS has a loyalty card that you can swipe every week and it will give you new exciting coupons. Drugstores also tend to run plenty of sales on their products. They range from buy one get one 50% off to a flat 40% off. Use those coupons in conjunction with a sale and you can strike makeup gold.

Coupons from the Sunday paper

In store coupons from Walgreens




Sweet, Sweet Sales



So! On to the exciting part.. the breakdown of what I bought. Lets start with nail polishes.


In total I bought 19 nail polishes. All together these were less than a dollar a piece when you average it out. Let's use the Rimmel nail polish for example.

The price of Rimmel nail polish is 1.69. They had a sale for buy one get one 50% off. For two polishes it comes to about $1.50. From the Sunday paper I had a coupon that took $1.00 off each nail polish. If we do the math that comes to a whopping $.25 for each of the nail polishes.

*** Always look for clearance items as well! Coupons work on full price or clearance items. Plenty of times they will take the same color and put rebrand it with new packaging.







Sunscreen is incredibly important here in Arizona. Temperatures are steadily climbing above 100 degrees right now and the sun can be brutal. Sunscreen is also incredibly expensive. The Hawaiian Tropic and Banana Boat were buy one, get one free. I also had a $2.00 off of each coupon. I spent a whopping 3.95 on each one.







 Wet n Wild is one of my favorite brands! The color pay off for their blushes is insane, I love their lip products and their eye shadows are phenomenal. My favorite thing about Wet n Wild? I hardly ever pay for it! Walgreens had a sale for 40% off. I also had a $1.00 of coupon. Since most of their products are less than $3.00 that equals HUGE savings.



In total I purchased over 50 Items and I spent under $100. My wonderful husband told me that he no longer has to ask me how much I spent, all he has to do is check my blog. Honestly, he is thrilled that I am writing this blog so I will quit bugging him about makeup. Maybe he will start a blog about power tools and software stuffs...


And now for some baby spam.....



Get it gurl





No comments:

Post a Comment