Saturday, May 24, 2014

Welcome!

Hello everyone! My name is Stephanie Lynn. I currently live in Phoenix with my husband Anthony and my brand new baby Madeline. I am a first time mom and I can honestly say I have never had such an intensely rewarding job. I find that motherhood has completely shifted my priorities and made me reconsider certain aspects of my life. I have always loved makeup. I find it to be very relaxing to sit down and decide how I want to look. I love the versatility of makeup. I am a makeup junky. The "put the lip gloss down and go to rehab" type junkie. There is no 12 step program for me... Thankfully I have friends that love makeup and a husband with an infinite amount of patience.


One thing I have found during my journey through motherhood is that you do not have the same amount of free time. I may love doing my makeup, but I certainly don't want to wake up before my baby so I can do it. This was the whole purpose of my blog. I wanted to share my tips and tricks for how I've adjusted my makeup routine. This is also a great place for me to discuss different beauty tricks that save time and money. I use tons of different ways to afford my makeup habit including, but not limited to couponing. This is also a place for me to go over all of the lifestyle adjustments that I am making. The different things I'm trying out with my daughter and my family. They say the first child is always the guinea pig.

Me and Madeline 

Since this is my first blog post I want to go ahead and share where my obsession with makeup came. I used to always be the chubby kid with dirk on her face wearing dingy overalls. I used to make mud pies and run around the small town I lived in growing up. I was the quintessential tomboy. When I moved to Phoenix I saw a ton of beautifully tan women with pale blonde hair and flawless makeup. My hair was unmanageable, my skin was too pale and my hair was nowhere near blonde. Over the years I learned how to manage my hair, work on my skin and accept (for the most part) that I would never be blonde. I learned to love my hair, enjoy having porcelain skin and move on with my dark haired self. I no longer use makeup to cover flaws, but to enhance my features. Makeup can make me feel sexy and confident.



I am not tall, thin and blonde. I am wonderful just the way I am, and I hope that anyone reading this blog knows that you are flawless. No amount of makeup can make you more wonderful than you already are.



I think for this blog I will break it up into sections. I will do makeup and beauty tutorials and reviews. I will also discuss different things I do that define my lifestyle. I will also be posting a boatload of pictures of my baby girl. She is absolutely wonderful and I am obsessed.


That face....
So... It is now well past my bedtime so I will leave you with that wonderful picture. I am going to jump right in with my next post and do a review and possibly a tutorial. Have a wonderful evening/afternoon/morning.

3 comments:

  1. Youre a babe. Also what color is that red lippy?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's Lord & Berry in Scarlett. I love that color.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need you to do my makeup. Do you know how to make dark-blond, splotchy-skinned chippie that gorgeous! My skills are limited to the eyelash curler and my dark circle concealer . . .

    ReplyDelete