Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Review: Milani Power Lip




I am such a sucker for the lip gloss/lip stain type product. When I saw these in CVS, I had to buy them. I purchased two colors, Red Control and Cabaret Blend. Red Control is a genuine red. The Cabaret Blend is a wine color. On the package it looks more purple, however on application it is closer to a burgundy red.


The packaging is a twist top. You twist it to get the product out and then apply it directly onto your lips. The packaging stinks. You twist it and you either get no product or way too much. There is no way to control the amount you get.



This is the Cabaret Blend. Honestly, it didn't apply the way I thought it would. When applied to the lips it comes out too red. I wanted a deep, rich purple toned color. Please excuse my tired eyes in this picture, someone has teeth coming in. It's been a long week!



Red Control was a true red. I really liked the color and it was nice and bright. The pigmentation is gorgeous and it doesn't shift like a lot of red colors do.



When applied to the lips it is very hydrating. I actually really like the feeling of it. It's moisturizing without being sticky. The color is fairly long lasting and as I said, I love the stain that's left behind. I might throw a balm over it just to re-hydrate the lips and help even the color a bit.




My overall opinion of the product is pretty good. I wish there were more shades, and I certainly wish the shades on the box were consistent. I would also prefer it with a doe foot applicator versus the twist top. I don't know that I would repurchase this product. I like the way it feels on the lips but the application is annoying. Milani is one of my favorite drugstore brands. I love their gel powder eye shadows and they have really great brow products.

Here is the link to find the Power Lip here
If you are looking into purchasing some Milani stuffs, please please please check out the Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eye Shadows.

Here is the review:  http://putthelipglossdown.blogspot.com/2014/07/review-milani-bella-eyes.html
You can purchase them at CVS or here

My next review will be on the Clinique Black Honey Wardrobe. Here is a sneak peak!!


No comments:

Post a Comment