Monday, June 30, 2014

Jenna Hipp Polish

Ok.. I am on a total nail polish kick. I love all of the summer colors that are coming out. Bright yellow, coral, teal, pink and more.... I made a promise that I would no longer purchase anymore nail polishes. That is, until I went to costco and bought these beauties.



I love wondering through costco and finding random makeup/beauty products. These Jenna Hipp colors are so much fun and it came with 8 trendy summer colors. I have tried each of these colors over the last month, a few of them I tried several times. Some were really great, others not so much.




This is "Ain't Life Grape?". It's a beautiful pastel purple. I love this color, but the application isn't the best. I'm beginning to realize just how much the formula changes based on the colors. It was really thin and streaky. It did have a really nice finish and I liked that it had the same look as a gel polish.





This was by far the color I was most excited to try. "Say Yellow to my Little Friend". This one packs a lot of color, but the polish is very gooey. It makes the application tricky because it sticks and you can definitely see it when the polish dries. The color is lovely, but I really hated applying it. I wore this color several times, each time hoping for a different outcome. This one also took the longest to dry on the nails.



"Daft Pink" is a really bright hot pink. Overall I was least excited about this color. There are so many pinks out there that are a lot more interesting. The application was also very thin and streaky. It took several layers of application to get it to look like it does in the bottle. After the second layer it looked a little heavy on the nails, so I took it off and went back to two layers.



"Jenna and the Giant Peach" is a very subtle orange color. I love it. It was thin to apply, but it is really pretty. I can honestly say that I don't have a lot of peach tones in my collection.




"I Cast a Spell on Blue" is my favorite color in the collection. It applies easily, it doesn't stick and two layers is more than sufficient. It is the darkest color in the collection and I adore it. I've work it about 3 times so far.




"Just One Bite" is the super trendy redish orange color in the collection. I am super in love with the coral trend that is happening right now. I feel like it compliments any skin tone.  The application is wonderful and the color is flawless. I really enjoyed this polish and have worn it several times over the last month or so.







Ok. So. I  saved these two for last. "We Are Mint to Be" and "I Surf with Boys". I have a love hate relationship with these polishes. The colors are almost identical in the bottle. On my nails they looked like the same color until I saw my hand under direct sunlight.
We Are Mint To Be
I Surf With Boys


The mint color is really subtle and very hard to distinguish from the blue. I liked the application of "We Are Mint to Be" much better. This probably my biggest complaint, they shouldn't have put two colors that were so similar in one collection.



Ok. So my overall judgement of the colors is good. I really liked having 8 little samples to try. It also came with a cute little nail file that has already been lost... whoops. I love how adorable the small bottles are and  I think the Jenna Hipp label is pretty.



So. I can't have a blog without baby pictures. In my nail craze I decided it would be a wonderful idea to paint her nails while she was sleeping. Perhaps next time I should make sure she is in a deep sleep.... Yes.. that is nail polish all over her feet, and on my hand.





No comments:

Post a Comment